· Jubilee Tower Credit Union is registered under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018; registration number Z4670276. This is regulated by the Information Commission Office (ICO).
· Jubilee Tower Credit Union Limited holds data you have provided via written forms or emailed/telephoned communication. We need this data initially to open your account. You have the right to enquire what data we hold about you but it is your responsibility to ensure this data is correct and updated.
· The data is strictly confidential and Jubilee Tower Credit Union uses it only to operate your account.
· The data will only be passed to third party organisations including our bank and debit card provider (e.g. so we can make payments to you), credit referencing partners (if you have a loan through us) and our credit control partners (if the loan repayment record requires it) if & when necessary to operate your account. Your data will NOT be passed to third party organisations for marketing purposes.
· Please note we are legally obliged to send you notice of our Annual General Meeting regardless of consent
· Data may also be shared with the Department for Work and Pensions for their consideration of deductions from benefits if you default on repayments.
· In order to process some loan applications we may supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and they will give us information about you, such as about your financial history. We do this to assess creditworthiness and product suitability, check your identity, manage your account, trace and recover debts and prevent criminal activity. When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
· If you have a current loan with JTCU we will also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an ongoing basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations. Your data will also be linked to the data of your spouse, any joint applicants or other financial associates.
· The identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, are explained in more detail at www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
Copyright © 2020 Jubilee Tower Credit Union - All Rights Reserved.
We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulatory Authority.
FRN 213662 | Registered Credit Union No. 450c
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder